Saturday, May 19, 2007

Status update

I know I said I would get back with more information on the dress and the experiences I had with it during our trip to the conferences. However, that will have to wait a little longer. A few things has happened in the meantime which has taken my time away from this project.

We have bought a flat in Spain. There are quite a number of Danes, not to mention other Scandinavians and Brits, who have lumped themself together in rather large communities. That means enough, relatively well to do people in one area, who are potential patients for a private hospital. The hospital I work for most of the time, when I am not helping Poul at his clinique, has got the go-ahead from the Spanish authorities, and have taken over a local hospital, and turned it into a private hospital, mostly targeting the non-spanish community in the area.

They will sign-up the patients who will need my expertise and give them appointments or assign them to a bed if that is needed, at times that will suit me, so that I may go down there for perhaps a week at a time. The cost of a decent hotel for the number of nights I will be there will be more than the cost of having our own flat, which we can also use for holidays and lend out to friends when I don't need it.

What does that mean to my readers? I don't know yet. Either I will be so busy that I don't get much time to write, or I will have evening in the flat where I can write in peace. Time will show.

But for now, all the arrangements have taken all available time (apart from the next entry into the blog, which I will write later today).

Hugs Jen - and thanks for your interest in my life and your friendly communications.

No comments: